Freenode's #mysql Wiki
Welcome to the Wiki for the Freenode #mysql IRC channel. You can find the channel on chat.freenode.net. For more information about Freenode, please see http://freenode.net.
Do please help make this a wonderful resource for the entire MySQL community.
We used to have a serious problem with spam and rather a of lot pages had to be protected as a stop gap. A few of those pages may still be protected. If you want to edit a protected page, put a request on either the talk page or here and someone will probably lift the protection a lot quicker.
Wiki Account Creation
New account creation was disabled due to the spamming problem. For that reason, if you want to edit the wiki, then please join us on #mysql and ask one of the sysops there to create one for you.
- To talk in #mysql, you need to have your nickname registered with freenode's NickServ and be identified with that account. Hint:
/msg NickServ help
- Channel Management: As the number of channel members has grown the need to keep thing to a dull roar has also grown. We are here to help, support and promote the MySQL Community. As such channel moderators may, at their discretion, may put in place any bans they feel best suits the needs. Usually this will be just the individual. However, if further disruption cannot be assured with a highly targeted banning then banning entire networks, ISPs and even countries.
- Channel Policies
- Using the SQL bot
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The main language in #mysql is English. You can try to ask in a different language, perhaps you are lucky. Please note there are also channels in other languages, i.e. #mysql.de
Official MySQL Links
- BINARY attribute for the weak
- Basic SQL Statements
- Introduction to Joins
- More Advanced Joins
- Basic Views
- Basic Debugging
- Proper Indexing Strategy
- Using Replication
- ALTER TABLE - Setting MAX_ROWS
- Select rows in table A that are not in table B
- Autoincrement FAQ
- Unique/Distinctive Selection
- Trees and hierarchical data in SQL
- Using Null
- Which Config File Is MySQL Using?
- Using EXPLAIN
- Tuning System Variables
- Remote Clients Cannot Connect
- PHP Tutorial outputting rows from a table
- C API Tutorial
- Python Tutorial
- Perl Tutorial
- Java Tutorial
- C# Tutorial
- Ruby Tutorial